A Therapy Group for Family and Friends of Someone Diagnosed With Borderline Personality Disorder or intense emotions (emotion dysregulation).
As part of our DBT Program, this is a 12-week group for adults only that provides education, skills training, and support for people who are in a relationship with someone who has BPD (or someone with intense emotions). Family Matters is a group that primarily focuses on issues that are specific to BPD, but is also appropriate for those who love someone who has intense emotions and struggles managing those emotions and returning to baseline feelings.
You do not have to be a part of our DBT Program to attend Family Matters.
The National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder (NEA.BPD) has a similar program in which Dr. Alan Fruzzetti and Dr. Perry Hoffman developed the course based on their research and expertise in counseling people with BPD and their families. Survey data from their previous family led groups show that after completing the course, family members experience decreased feelings of depression, burden, and grief, and more feelings of empowerment.
Family Matters Group:
- Ages: Adults only
- Mondays: 6:00PM-7:30PM (virtual)
What you can expect from the Family Matters Group:
- To receive education and research about BPD and emotion dysregulation
- To be learn Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills
- To learn problem management skills and setting boundaries
- Share and hear family perspectives and experiences
- Parents, spouses, adult siblings, and other adult friends and family of someone with BPD to receive support
- To learn skills that will encourage your own emotional wellbeing