About Dr. Agnew As A Speaker
I have been doing public speaking since 2005 and have spoken for a variety of audiences: churches, retreats, parents, school social workers, hospitals, psychologists and other mental health providers, medical, and criminal justice personnel. In addition, I have appeared as a guest on a local radio show. Presentations can be designed for other focus groups as well.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include some slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful. This will be available for a 2 weeks after the presentation.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
Frequently Requested Topics
I speak on mental health related topics. The topics include working with couples, families, adolescents, self injury, boundaries, DBT, and more. I customize my presentations to meet the specific needs of your organization. My goal is to provide the information you need to create the outcome you desire.
Below are the topics frequently requested; however, I am able to present on other topics in my area of expertise. As a speakere, I can tailor presentations based on being a keynote speaker or for a seminar. Presentations can be as short as 1-1/2 hours to half day, or a full day depending on your need. We can certainly start a conversation to discuss your event to identify what length of speaking time best fits. If I do not have a topic listed that you are interested in, do not hestitate to ask about my availability and ability to present on your topic. (Contact Form on right side panel).
Adolescents and Mental Health
Art & Science of Love
Communication & Conflict Resolution
Couples Communication Skills Workshop
Diagnosing Adolescents with Borderline Personality Disorder
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Trainings & Topics
DBT: Family Matters
DBT: Walking the Middle Path & Validation
Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
Suicide Awareness and Prevention
Understanding and Treating Self Injury
Your Next Step
Contact me about your topic and my availability.
(Contact Form on right side panel).
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
I wish this presentation [Adolescents and Mental Health] was made available to all of the other schools. - Catholic Central Attendee
Valencia was very cordial and accessible--she answered questions thoroughly, professionally, and sagely. Catholic Central High School, 2015
Good use of video clips in explaining intervention with adolescents.
The trainer was very knowledgeable.
CONTACT ME ABOUT SPEAKING