Adult DBT & Women's DBT Groups
The adult groups and women’s groups includes learning how to decrease life interfering behaviors, mindfulness skills, emotions regulations, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, how to do chain analysis, and validation skills.
This group is effective for adult men and women or women only who find it difficult to manage emotions, experience intense pain or anger, struggle to maintain relationships, fear rejection and abandonment, self injure, suicidal thoughts, feeling empty and searching to find “self.”
The Adult DBT Group is 24 weeks (men & women may be in the same group). The Women’s Group is for women only. You may join the group at different intervals and stay until you have completed a 24-week period to learn all of the skills. Typically individuals complete their first set of 24 weeks and stay to really begin to practice and fine tune the skills being taught.
Adult Group (for men & women)
- Monday Group: 6:00PM-7:30PM (in person)
- Thursday Group: 12:30-2:30PM (in person)
- Wednesday Group: 6:00PM-7:30PM (virtual)
Through individual therapy, skills groups and coaching, our DBT program helps participants learn to become more mindful of their feelings, thoughts and behaviors; regulate their emotions and become more resilient; manage distress and increase impulse control; improve relationships and self-respect; and balance acceptance and change.
DBT Group is Effective for:
- Adults who have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
- And adults who struggle with:
- Eating Disorder
- Substance use
- Post traumatic stress
- Self injurious behaviors
- Chronic suicidal thoughts
- Multiple suicide attempts
- Difficulty regulating emotions (including chronic moodiness or extreme reactivity and sensitivity to environmental triggers)
- Chaotic relationships (with peers and adults)
- Sense of emptiness and confusion about self, emotions, and behaviors of others